The Creative Learning and Animation semester offers a chance to gain skills in animation production.
It will focus on animation as a tool for the development and education of children and teenagers. Particularly the co-creative processes that can make children and young people producers of animation. Not just consumers.
The semester has a particular focus on creating positive change and social value for a selected group of children and teenagers.
The semester is based on co-creative processes involving various subjects and professions. And is demonstrating how cross-professional work can be developed and supported. The semester work includes the knowledge, tools and methods needed to develop this kind of collaboration.
The focal points are theories, methods and knowledge about animation. All in the form of musical and aesthetic production as well as creativity and learning. The work will be tested and developed in collaboration with selected groups of children and teenagers.
During the semester in Creative Learning and Animation the students will attend two modules. Both modules are mandatory.
1. Creative forms of expression (20 ECTS)
- Students learn to create the framework and then manage and develop creative processes for experience and learning.
- These processes support and inspire people to work creatively. With e.g. musical and aesthetic forms of expression and activities through the use of animation in theory and practice.
2. The cross-professional element (10 ECTS )
- Students can identify, analyse and reflect on cross-professional and cross-sector dilemmas and potential activities. They must take part in, coordinate and manage holistic and cross-professional co-operative processes. Also carry out, document and evaluate processes using animation as a creative tool.
A film produced by the students, an article and a report will be followed by an individual oral exam. There are two exams in total during the semester.