We warmly welcome international students. Studying at the school for a semester is a unique opportunity to specialise and dive into the field of transmedia – as well as an opportunity to get to know Denmark.
If your university does not have a partner agreement with VIA Film & Transmedia, it is still possible to study at VIA, but for a fee. Alternatively, you can ask the international coordinator at your institution to contact us about the possibility.
If you are a graduate wishing to study for a semester with us to strengthen your profile, it is also possible to do so for a fee
T: +45 87 55 05 53
VIA Film & Transmedia requires that you have an English level of B2 or higher.
You are at B2 level if you can
- Understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in your field of specialisation.
- Interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
- Produce clear, detailed texts on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options
Other standards approximately equivalent to B2
- IELTS: 5-6.5 (5 is borderline between B1 and B2)
- TOEFL: 87 to 109
- TOEIC: 400-485 (listening), 385-450 (reading)
- Cambridge Exam: CAE (45 to 59) / FCE grade B or C / PET Pass with Distinction
In order to apply, you should have completed at least two years of studies in related areas.