As a student at the VIA Nursing Exchange Programme, you can choose between ”Healthcare in a global community” (theory and practice) or a 100% practical programme at for example a hospital or in a home healthcare setting.
Both Danish and international students can attend.
1. “Healthcare in a global community” consists of one semester (16 weeks) with both theoretical and practical studies (30 ECTS). Read more.
2. The nursing exchange programme can also consist of 100% practical studies in a hospital or in home healthcare setting (typically 15-30 ECTS).
Contact student counselling for further information.
Evaluation and exams
Your learning outcome will be assessed through in-course assignments, tests, presentations and examinations.
Assessments are based on the following types of examinations:
- Written or oral examinations
- In-class tests
- Oral examination with a project report and an oral group presentation as the basis of an individual examination
- Combinations of the above
Examinations are organized as individual tests assessed by external or internal examiners.
For external examinations, an external examiner appointed by the Danish Ministry of Education will participate. For internal examinations, lecturers appointed by VIA University College will perform the assessment.
The type of examination used will appear as part of the course descriptions:
Course description for “Healthcare in a global community” (pdf)
Guidance during internships
When you are on a internship as part of your studies, you will have one supervisor at the place where you are performing your internship and a separate academic supervisor as part of the programme. VIA offers regular supervision, evaluation, and assessment.